- Biotechnology Core Course. The BTP Core Course is composed of six units on various technologies that enabled the biotechnology revolution and new technologies that enable biotechnology to continue to flourish today. Each unit is taught by one BTP training faculty and one outside speaker from the biotech community. Industrial researchers who are interested in participating in this or other BTP courses should contact the Program Directors.
- Laboratory Modules. The biotech community at UMass has an 8-year tradition that started as part of the Institute Cellular Engineering to teach laboratory modules on cutting edge research techniques. These modules will continue under BTP and can be attended by industrial partners interested in learning new methods and using UMass facilities. BTP laboratory modules are held at various locations on the UMass campus during winter break, spring break and during the summer. New modules will be starting soon. A list of prior laboratory modules can be found here.
- Symposium in Biotechnology. Industrial partners and advisors will be invited to participate in our annual Symposium in Biotechnology.
- Career Exploration Event. Alumni working in Biotechnology and industrial partners are invited to participate in our annual career exploration event which has been held each summer since 2010.
- Career Path Seminar Series. Biotech students suggested instituting a forum to allow more “in-depth” discussion as students hone in careers of interest. In response, the Institute for Cellular Engineering and Office of Professional Development implemented a Career Path Seminar Series in 2013-2014, inviting one PhD-level professional to visit each month to share experiences and aspirations during an informal and interactive lunch. Attendance has averaged 50-75 participants and speakers have included a Research Scientist (NIH/NCATS), Computational Biologist (Argonne National Lab), Sr. Editor (RSC Publishing), VP of Applications Science (Schrodinger), Patent Attorney (Astra Zeneca), Technology Prospecting Lead (Monsanto), Sales Consultant (Beckman Coulter), and Associate Research Fellow (Pfizer).
- Industrial Visits: BTP organizes visits to relevant Biotech companies to enable students to get a better picture of what live in the biotech industry is like. Pictured here are students who visited Emulate in Spring 2020.
Back Row L to R: Aritra Kundu, Ruptanu Banerjee, and Danielle Archambault
Front Row L to R: Agnes Cheong, Darya Tourzani, Nidhi Jadon, Ana Clara Negreiros Parente C S Viana, KJ Jang (Emulate, VP of Tech Implementation and Field Science), Deeksha Mohan, Irina Sagarbarria, Stephanie Le, Khushboo Singh, and Neha Gupta