NIH Traineeships Eligibility
Members of the BTP entering the 2nd year of their Ph.D. studies may apply for an NIH two-year traineeship. In exceptional cases, BTP students entering their 3rd year may apply for a one-year NIH traineeship. Students must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents working in the lab of a BTP faculty member to apply. Traineeships will start the Fall Semester after selection and conclude after four semesters.
UMass-Supported Traineeship Eligibility
All members of the BTP entering the 2nd year or 3rd of their Ph.D. who work in the lab of a BTP faculty member may apply for UMass-supported traineeships. Domestic and international students are welcome to apply. UMass Traineeships will support students in the spring semester for two consecutive years.
The next application deadline is June 14th, 2021. Complete the application below, and submit with the other required files as a single .pdf.
- Student Application for BTP Traineeship. *Please note that this form is editable with Microsoft Word. Please download and save to your computer to enable editing.
- Transcripts: Undergraduate and Graduate (unofficial transcripts are acceptable)
- One-page summary of research, emphasizing relevance to biotechnology and interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Two letters of support are also required and should be emailed directly from the letter writer to email@example.com:
- One nomination letter from sponsoring BTP faculty/advisor.
- A second letter of recommendation from a UMass faculty member who knows the candidate well.
Interviews for selected applicants will be held Tuesday June 29, 2021 between 9 am and 2 pm. Candidates are asked to ensure that their availability during this timeframe.
Please return the completed application for 2021 Fellowship with supporting materials outlined above in a single pdf file, by June 14th, 2021:
Prof. Jeanne Hardy