NIH Traineeships Eligibility
Members of the BTP entering their 2nd year of their Ph.D. studies may apply for the NIH two-year traineeship, students must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents working in the lab of a BTP faculty member.
UMass-Supported Traineeship Eligibility
All members of the BTP entering the 2nd year of their Ph.D. who work in the lab of a BTP faculty member may apply for UMass-supported traineeships. Domestic and international students are welcome to apply.
The next application deadline is summer 2019. Complete the application below, and submit with the other required files as a single .pdf :
- Student Application for BTP Traineeship. *Please note that this form is editable with Microsoft Word. Please download and save to your computer to enable editing.
- Transcripts: Undergraduate and Graduate
- One-page summary of your research, emphasizing relevance to biotechnology and interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Two letters of support are also required and should be emailed directly from the letter writer to email@example.com:
- Nomination letter from sponsoring BTP faculty/advisor
- A second letter of recommendation from UMass faculty
Please return the completed application for 2019 Fellowship with supporting materials outlined above in a single pdf file by June 24 2019:
Prof. Jeanne Hardy