NIH Traineeships Eligibility
Members of the BTP entering their 2nd year of their Ph.D. studies may apply for the NIH two-year traineeship, students must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents working in the lab of a BTP faculty member.
UMass-Supported Traineeship Eligibility
All members of the BTP entering the 2nd year of their Ph.D. may apply for UMass-supported traineeships. Domestic and international students are welcome to apply.
The next application deadline is summer 2017. Complete the application below, and submit with the other required files as a single .pdf :
- Student application for BTP Traineeship (.doc). Please note that this form is editable with Microsoft Word. Please download and save to your computer to enable editing.
- Official Transcripts: Undergraduate and Graduate
- List of labs with whom you collaborate (internal and external)
- One-page summary of your research, emphasizing relevance to biotechnology and interdisciplinary collaboration.
Two letters of support are also required and should be emailed directly from the letter writer to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Nomination letter from sponsoring BTP faculty/advisor
- A second letter of recommendation from UMass faculty
Please, return the completed application for 2017 fellowships with supporting materials outlined above in a single pdf file by July 24:
Prof. Barbara Osborne